User with permission on only one space can view other spaces

Marco Gehrmann May 3, 2021

I followed the steps described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-grant-access-to-one-space-only-to-a-user-in-confluence-815244321.html

But the user in the group can also view other spaces where the option "active Jira users can see this space" is activated.
Is there any way to restrict the other spaces for the user?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Hi Marco,

Thanks for joining the community! Unfortunately no, this function overrides the space permissions in Confluence as outlined in Atlassian's documentation.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/give-access-to-unlicensed-users-from-jira-service-management-829076204.html

Usually the best way to handle these kinds of things is through documentation and training for Space Admins as more than often these settings are enabled without people understanding the downsides.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Clark

Marco Gehrmann May 4, 2021

Thank you for confirming and linking the documentation page. The idea that both settings are dependent just came me when creating this question.

0 votes
Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

What I do to lock down user access is I create a new group for that user or set of users and allow it to assign licenses/seats to users in that group. I then give that group in the project of my choice the users and developers roles. 

Since the group I created is different from my default users group that I use for users that are allowed to see all projects, the feedback I get is that the users in the special groups I make for locking down access can't see other tickets from other projects. 

I hope this helps. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events