User with edit permissions cannot edit a page

Andy Webb September 22, 2016

Below you can see the picture.  I am logged in as the user, I am displaying the page restrictions and he should be able to edit.  But there is no Edit button.  I was alerted to this by the user, so this is not just a problem with the "logging in as" feature.  

image2016-9-22 15:26:39.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2016

does the user have the "edit page" permission in the space permissions?

Andy Webb September 29, 2016

Actually it is "add" permission for the space as there is no "edit" permission...which is confusing since it seems "edit" and "add" are the same permissions but with different terminology depending on whether you are in the space permissions or on the page permissions.

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2016

you're right, it is add page permission and it really can be confusing sometimes smile

1 vote
Georges-Henry PORTEFAIT October 8, 2019

Here we have the edit button , but if we click it we are in edit mode but edit is impossible !! 

any clues ? 

mahdi_hosseinali October 9, 2019

I'm having the same issue. I can click on edit of a page without any restrictions but all the options are disabled and I cannot type anything! I'm certain that no one is working on the page, so it's not locked. 

Georges-Henry PORTEFAIT October 9, 2019

We switch browser to Firefox and it worked ... 

Like mahdi_hosseinali likes this
mahdi_hosseinali October 9, 2019

It seemed to work for me after a machine restart.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events