Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User comments in a page

Nik Bishop August 29, 2013

Hi,

I want to better utilize Confluence for meeting reports and minutes.

If I create a page for a business report, then users can only comment in the footer of the page. This is not convenient since the report covers many different sections or paragraphs (but it is not convenient or practical to split the report into different confluence pages.

Is there a way to have user comments anywhere on the page? For example if I create a two column table, I could put the report in the left hand cells and then this would allow users to comment on these items in the right hand cells.

I have tried and failed with various suggested plugins to no avail - any ideas welcome!

3 answers

0 votes
Nik Bishop September 1, 2013

Thanks for the feedback.

Editing inline wouldn't be so attractive as comment boxes (my audience aren't necessarily tech savvy so I could change permissions to allow them to comment only - otherwise they may delete or edit the entries which I am not so keen on...

Yes, tried the Talk plugin, but it wasn't really working right for us either....

0 votes
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013

Hi Nik

There is an open feature request to support inline commenting (like many other authoring tools offer). Please vote on it if this feature is important to you. Hopefully we can get it on the Confluence development roadmap if Atlassian are aware what a great improvement this will deliver to users. I'm sure there are way more people interested in this than the current 81 votes suggests.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-4486

Did you try the Talk plugin? We did, and found it unsuitable for our needs, but it seems the next best thing to proper inline comments.

Thanks,

Charles

0 votes
Henric Johansson August 29, 2013

Can they not edit inline? Using a different color for visibility, although you would see the changes in history?

There might be a plugin to inject comments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events