Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Interface constantly flickers and jumps!

lzektser September 18, 2020

I cannot document in confluence because your UI is constantly jumping and flickering either in edit mode or read only mode, both have the same issue.

Please fix this! 

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2020

This sounds like you have a problem with your browser.

There have been reports of this in the past that have turned out to be down to browser extensions, and apps related to creating complex tables.  Could you tell us if this is happening for all pages, or just those with tables in them?

(But look at @Dave Liao 's answers first, as we'll need that information too)

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2020

Isn't it lovely how gremlins lurk in our browsers? 😂

Like lzektser likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2020

Mogwai!  (I've never argued that Die Hard is not a Christmas film, but I'll argue to my dying breath that Gremlins is a better Christmas film)

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2020

Gremlins IS a better Christmas film, for sure! I couldn't believe how grisly the movie was until I rewatched it a few years ago... 💀

Sizzling UI issues might be Gremlins 2 related...

1 vote
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2020

@lzektser - can you provide more details? 🤔

• What browser are you using? Is it the most recent version?
  • What platform are you on? Windows? macOS? iOS?
  • Try starting over from scratch. Restart your machine. Log out of Confluence, clear your browser cache, restart your browser ... is this still happening?
lzektser September 18, 2020

Sorry, I am new here.

Maybe I have high expectation,  thought I am dealing with Atlassian customer support, not sure why they direct to the Atlassian community when I specifically chose IT/bugs option. 
Typically there are logs a support person would look and would find out all that information mentioned in the top 2 bullet points asked by Dave Liao.  
All I need is a working product where I can document things, and that, most certainly is NOT the case, for the past 2 day it been hell working in confluence, although that was noted much earlier than that. 

I rebooted my machine many times today and yesterday, none of that helped!
Browser: Chrome version (85.0.4183.102)
We did a switch to your latest UI confluence version on august 31.
Honestly the the worst decision ever made!
Unusable UI
Working with tables is a nightmare
My feedback for it is all negative unfortunately, no hard feelings please.  

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2020

@lzektser - No hard feelings at all - we don't work for Atlassian. 😉 Software can be quirky, and you made it this far!

• Are you experiencing the UI flicker in incognito mode?
  • Do you have other teammates who have this problem? If so, are they in the same part of the world as you?

FYI If you're entitled to Atlassian Support - especially if you're in a trial of Confluence Cloud Premium - definitely reach out to them, and make sure a ticket is filed.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Paul Andrew
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 12, 2024

I have the same problem, for that reason I can not work on Confluence. Any suggestions?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2024

@Paul Andrew - hi Paul! 👋 Can you provide more details?

• What browser are you using? Is it the most recent version?
  • What operating system are you using? Windows? macOS? iOS? What version in particular?
  • Does this issue happen in an incognito window?
  • Try starting over: Log out of Confluence, clear your browser cache, restart your browser ... is this still happening? Try restarting your machine?
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2024

It is a known problem with some browsers.  Is yours a very old version (from over 3 years ago when this question was posted?).  Do you get the same problem in a different browser, or if you disable all your extensions in the current one?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events