Use cases for Application links between 2 Confluences

Arto Kovalainen January 23, 2018

I have created working application links between 2 separate confluence instances + 2 spaces in both confluences. App links work fine.

I have also registered external gadget feeds in Administration part (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/registering-external-gadgets-204050482.html)

How can I benefit these application links?

I would like to show content from first confluence in the second but only gadget that has option is activity stream.

I was hoping page gadget  would have solved this but it does not have option to choose the source.

I also haven't figured out how to make rss feeds work between these Confluences any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Hi Arto,

It looks like you have three questions:

1. How can application links be useful between 2 Confluence instances? 

Please post this as a Confluence Discussion  as it seems to be a topic you want input on, rather than a technical issue that can be resolved.

2. How can content from one instance be displayed in another? Application links were designed to integrate different Atlassian applications rather than 2 instances of the same application. A third party add-on like Scroll Remote Publishing Endpoint can be used to publish content from one instance to another. Please let me know more about the use case you are working on. Is it a case where 2 instances need to be merged?
  3. How to subscribe to an RSS feed from one Confluence instance on another? What issue are you seeing with subscribing to an RSS feed on one instance that was set up on the other? These docs may help: The RSS Feed Builder and Subscribe to RSS Feeds within Confluence 

I look forward to hearing more about how we can help with your 2 instances.

Thanks,

Ann

Arto Kovalainen January 23, 2018

Thanks for the reply. As this seems like a discussion there is like technical issues behind them :)

1. What's the point having app links between 2 Confluence Instances if there are nothing you can do with it? (except activity stream)

2. I am aware of different add-ons for remote publishing, but I wanted to know what to do with application links.

3. I probably managed to do this right. I probably need to have same user and permission in both instances in order to make rss-feeds work. (Need to do some testing). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events