Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Confluence to edit and manage user manuals and output them on different ways?

Maximilian Dollinger January 13, 2021

We currently use Confluence as our internal knowledge base. Can we use Confluence to manage our user manual in multiple languages.

So we need a software to fulfill the following requirements to manage the user manual:

• Version management - changes need to be versioned continuously to be able to revert to older versions.
  • Change tracking - to be able to transfer changes in the source file into other languages.
  • Access management - To provide access to technical editors and translators.
  • Output to the user as a pdf, as web-based help and in our app.

Is there any experience of user manuals in relation to these requirements, can Confluence do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Maximilian Dollinger 

I would say Confluence is the best Tool for this. Confluence fullfills all of your requirements out of the box!

I would suggest you to go the cloud way, because the server is discontinued for 02/24.

Regards, Dominic

Maximilian Dollinger January 15, 2021

Hey Dominic,

is it possibe to get a more detailed introduction from you how our company could use Confluence for this manual topic.

For example a short call?

Best Regards, Max

Hey Dominic,

First, thanks for your quick answer.

Is it possible to get a more detailed introduction from you how our company could use Confluence for this manual topic.

For example a short call?

Best regards, Max

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Maximilian Dollinger 

Do you have any concerns about Confluence? Do you have detailed questions?

If so, I can try to help you here.

Regards, Dominic

Hey Dominic,

We need to create a well designed User manual. So is there an add-on to edit documents in a professional layout like In design?

Regards, Max

3 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Maximilian Dollinger

I’m with the team at K15t, and I think our apps will help you do what you’re looking for.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you’d like to see any of this in action. I’m always happy to share.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events