Urgent issue: BAckup

Mydesq Support February 9, 2021

We are using Confluence 6.1.4.2

We are unable tio login except using recovery_admin credentials.

The backup of site is not working. We have full rdp access to machine

Is there a way to move the content of the site to another server from the back as the backup function is not working ?

4 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

If you can log in with the recovery account, then there's nothing wrong with Confluence.

My guess is that you have an external user directory set up, but Confluence can't talk to it, so all the non-recovery users cannot get in (the fact you can't get to the marketplace either suggests a network issue)

I would definitely start with fixing whatever is blocking the user directory access first.

0 votes

Hi Bastian, 

Thanks for your answer. I am not sure of all the problems. Trying to solve one by one.

Noticed marketplace is not reachable. followed the instructions fo atlassian and installed certificates. restarted confluence. but no change.

i think there are a couple of problems. do you know anyone who can help. we are happy to pay for the service

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

I'm working for an solution partner, so we might help. But probably you want someone close by, so you might check the partner directory, which you can find here: https://partnerdirectory.atlassian.com/

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

Hi @Mydesq Support ,

You can create a database dump. Install confluence on a new server, import the database dump in the new database and copy the application home folder. 

But if your problem has something do with the configuration, it will not help, as the configuration is copied also this way.

But why don't you try to fix the login problems? If you can log-in using the recovery password, you should be able to fix it in general. 

0 votes

error we get when we do back up. just copied first few lines

Cause

java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
    at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)

Stack Trace:[hide]

java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
 at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
 at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1012)
 at com.atlassian.core.util.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:405)
 at com.atlassian.core.util.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:352)
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2021

Hi @Mydesq Support ,

for this issue, you might check the permissions of the application-home Folder, if the user under that Confluence runs does have read/write permissions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events