Uploading attachments in confluence form

John Treanor November 14, 2017

Hi.  I am creating a form comprised of drop downs, text fields, radio buttons and File attachments etc.  The user populates the form, and towards the end of the form, the user has to upload documents.  When the user uploads the documents, all the data they entered in the form is lost. IS there a way to upload attachments without losing the form data?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

John,

Is this form created in a Confluence page? What exactly are you using to create the form? Is there an add-on, or are you directly inserting HTML? What do you have the form doing with the attachments exactly? 

Please also confirm your Confluence version.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

John Treanor November 15, 2017

Hi Shannon. Thanks for getting back to me.  The Confluence version is Confluence 5.9.6

I am using the Insert forms macro, and within that macro, I am placing all the other Form field types, text, drop down, radio button etc.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

John,

I suspect that macro may be from a 3rd party plugin. Do the instructions on the below page look like the macro you're using? 

Adding a form to a page

If so, it's an Adaptavist plugin and I'd like to include them on this question so they can assist us.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

John Treanor November 16, 2017

Yes, they are the instructions.  I have also noticed that if I add the Attachment Macro within the Form Macro it has additional options available compared to when the Attachment Macro is added outside the Form.  In the screen shot provided, the upper Attachment Macro is within the Forms Macro. The lower Attachment Macro is a copy of the upper Attachment Macro that I placed outside of the Forms MacroScreen Shot 2017-11-16 at 9.34.45 AM.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2017

John,

Thank you for confirming that you are indeed using the Adaptavist Forms for Confluence add-on.

I'm including a tag on the question now so that your question will be able to be answered by those familiar with this 3rd-party add-on, since it's not a built-in Confluence feature.

Thank you for your understanding!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

John Treanor November 16, 2017

Thank You Shannon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events