Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating confluence page from confiforms

Terry Reeder April 10, 2020

Some background:  I have a confiform set up to collect data as the start of a workflow (intake).  When intake is submitted, a ifttt is fired to create a page in confluence from a template.  that page has the data from confiform written as entry.fieldname (static upon creation) as well as other data that a user would track other information with. 

What I want to do is update the data on the confluence page from a confiform summary view.  Thinking I should be able to have an onmodified ifttt update the page, or copy the confiform data to the confluence page.  I know I can do a createpage entry with the same name, but that overwrites other changes that are on the confluence page that my confiform doesn't have.  I don't want to put confiform field macros on my confluence page, as I need to report on the information AND want to store all info on the page for archiving purposes.

I also was wondering if the form name/page ID can be referenced as a variable- i.e. instead of entering the actual page ID, can I reference a field I have on my confiform that stores this info (ifttt writes it into a field called PID)

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2020

Why do you need to create a page with static data and not use ConfiForms macros that allow you to build pages that can show the data dynamically from your forms? Meaning that changing the data in a form will be visible on the pages that use this form?

Must be a reason... archiving does not seems to be a reason as you actually want to "update" the page when you update the data in ConfiForms, anyway...

If you have to do that then why not to use 2 pages - one that is created with ConfiForms, and static data and that can be recreated any time (when the data in ConfiForms is updated) and another page that is visible to you users and which includes the data from the "ConfiForms created page" and where your users collaborate and update

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2020

This is basically what we have done. We create two pages from the intake form. One page that users can edit and put in user generated content and another page that is a child page that has the ConfiForms data. We also do a page include on the parent page to include the content from the child page so it can all be viewed on the same page. The child page has a list view on it to show the data from the form on the intake page.

Like # people like this
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2020

Yeah, I remember you were sharing with me this design Davin! Thanks for that and I hope you dont mind!

Just an iteration over your design. I have been helping one client to have a similar design and the part that shows ConfiForms contents to be a user macro - this way it is even more "centrally" managed and easier to maintain (by updating the user macro)

So, this is not solely my idea :-)

Like Dailin Garcia Young likes this
Dailin Garcia Young April 14, 2020

@Davin Studer would you mind sharing with me your design to get an idea of how you created your solution / best practices when setting up your two pages?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2020

Sure. Unfortunately, I don't think I can post the whole page source here due to the character limit. If you have LinkedIn feel free to send me a connect invite and maybe we can swap email addresses and I can send you the page source.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/davinstuder/

Like Dailin Garcia Young likes this
Dailin Garcia Young April 14, 2020

Will do. Was able to get it figured out on my end but would still like to connect to take a look at your set up and implement best practices :)

Dailin Garcia Young April 15, 2020

Thank you @Davin Studer and as always @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ for being so helpful and answering my question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events