Updating a JIRA ticket and the update automatically adjusts confluence

Our requirements live in Confluence and then transferred to JIRA tickets. We see JIRA as our "source of truth" if you will, wanting to know if anyone knows of a feature that allows the updates made to a particular ticket in JIRA to update the requirements doc in confluence. Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes

This is a bit difficult. 

In Confluence, you can easily use the Jira macros to pull data (especially status) from the Jira issues, but these don't update a Confluence page, they just report on the issues.

I think your question is a bit deeper than that, but I don't want to project my guesses or instincts.

Could you go into a bit more detail about what you want from "update automatically adjusts Confluence"?

Absolutely! I'll set the scene for you. I'm demoing a new feature to my boss and wants an adjustment made. So I can have my dev start in it immediately I go and update the JIRA ticket they're working from to reflect the change. I then have to go update our decision log (which is fine) and update the supporting requirements doc in Confluence.

This may not sound like a lot but it can get out of hand quickly because of the size of the project so, I'm looking for a way to auto-update the requirements document with the changes I've made to the JIRA ticket. I figured this was a feature since Confluence allows you to easily transfer requirements into tickets with two clicks. Thanks in advance on any light you can shed :) 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

86 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you