Updating a JIRA ticket and the update automatically adjusts confluence

Kim Lewis September 29, 2017

Our requirements live in Confluence and then transferred to JIRA tickets. We see JIRA as our "source of truth" if you will, wanting to know if anyone knows of a feature that allows the updates made to a particular ticket in JIRA to update the requirements doc in confluence. Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Kim Lewis October 3, 2017

Absolutely! I'll set the scene for you. I'm demoing a new feature to my boss and wants an adjustment made. So I can have my dev start in it immediately I go and update the JIRA ticket they're working from to reflect the change. I then have to go update our decision log (which is fine) and update the supporting requirements doc in Confluence.

This may not sound like a lot but it can get out of hand quickly because of the size of the project so, I'm looking for a way to auto-update the requirements document with the changes I've made to the JIRA ticket. I figured this was a feature since Confluence allows you to easily transfer requirements into tickets with two clicks. Thanks in advance on any light you can shed :) 

Alexis Evans November 3, 2022

@Kim Lewis I know it's been a while, but did you ever figure out a solution to this? I know one way might be just to replace the entire page including the new content, but in my case, I'm looking for a way to change only some of the information.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

This is a bit difficult. 

In Confluence, you can easily use the Jira macros to pull data (especially status) from the Jira issues, but these don't update a Confluence page, they just report on the issues.

I think your question is a bit deeper than that, but I don't want to project my guesses or instincts.

Could you go into a bit more detail about what you want from "update automatically adjusts Confluence"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events