Updating Page Properties macro on multiple pages at once

Adam Buckmaster October 24, 2016

Hi, I'm working with the Product Requirements page template (containing the 'Page Properties' macro). Is there a way to update the rows which appear in every Page Properties table on all existing pages which use this template?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2016

Short answer: no.

Once a page is created from a template, it becomes detached from that template, and so, you will have to update each page manually. If you suspect that there might be further updates in the future, I recommend you create a page with just the Page Properties macro and use the Include Page macro to add that page to the template (and all the existing pages). That way, when the Page Properties macro is updated, the template and all the created pages will then update automatically.

Adam Buckmaster October 24, 2016

Thanks Milo, I didn't know about that macro - sounds like the way forward.

Jonathan Creech May 23, 2019

Hi @Milo Test 

I have reread your answer several times and I am still unclear how this solution would help update existing pages that were previously created with a template? Could you provide an example? This is a problem that is currently plaguing my with several page properties pages that I have to maintain. 

Milo Grika May 23, 2019

@Jonathan Creech, I was thinking that if a small company had limited resources, you could create a Page Properties page for each team, then point the Include Page macro to the desired team. That way, if there was a change to a team, then all the projects that contained that team would get updated.

Granted this means that any date, status, epic, etc. fields would be useless and should probably be moved out of the Page Properties table. The person using the Page Properties Report would still be able to click the unique project name to see the details that weren't included in the Page Properties macro.

For the status, you could add a status label to each project (and update it as necessary), then on the page with the Page Properties Report macro, you would add multiple Page Properties Report macros, setting each to a different status label.

Again, not a great solution, but better than nothing?

Like Jonathan Creech likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events