Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsupported Content Error Message

Karthik Sriraman February 25, 2020

Hi,

We are now getting the same error as in "Unsupported Content" when we are trying to load a template which was working before . Screenshot attached for reference :

Screenshot 2020-02-25 at 3.37.30 PM.pngThis template was working perfectly without any issues last October , but now it is never loading. Is there anything changed recently? Is there a workaround to get this working again ?

Note : We are using the "Create from template" macro here in order to call our custom defined template.

And in our custom defined template we are using "Page Properties" macro

Would really appreciate any help in regards to this issue to get this resolved.

Thanks,

Karthik

1 answer

0 votes
Kendra F. February 26, 2020

Hey Karthik, I had this issue and after some debugging with the Atlassian support team, these were the culprits that were causing it for us.. maybe there's something similar in your template?

- Have nested bullets within an `/expand` macro (so 2nd, or 2rd layer bullets)

- Having a `/jira` macro that picks up on issue names with special characters that is nested under an `/expand` macro (I couldn't pinpoint which ones, but we commonly use the / and > in our naming conventions, which I found would break when within the expand macro

- Images and tables pasted in from outside sources, such as google sheets, with special formulas and characters that when pasted, weren't pasted using cmd+shift+v (mac) or paste without style on windows --> this paste removes any special formatting and just pastes in the text. 

Something we did to debug was to create a blank page, add a section at a time to identify which sections were actually causing the unsupported content. Tedious, but it worked!

Hope this helps find the culprit! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events