Unknown symbol appearing

Steve
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2021

This symbol is weirdly appearing in my Confluence document. I can't select it to delete it. How do I remove this and I think there is a diamond symbol embedded as well but I can't select this to remove it. 

Capture.JPG

Can anyone help please?

3 answers

0 votes
Nicole January 25, 2021

Agreed about the symbol indicating another editor. I see it when I'm collaborating with others on pages. Note: If you have the page open in a second browser tab, you may see an icon for yourself editing the page. To remedy this, close one of the tabs.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

That looks like a second editor is active in your page.

To confirm, or rule that out, could you add a bit more text?  Then confirm exactly which symbol is wrong in a new screenshot.

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2021

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

Is the symbol visible even after saving the page? Is it displayed this way on all newly created pages? Maybe this is a rare mistake.

You can look at the special character via the "Source editor" if you are editing the page. You can also delete this character there.

editor.PNG

Thanks

Pavel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events