cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view excel file in Confluence

Ranganath HV Gowda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2019

I am using confluence 6.13.4

I have excel file of size 38MB attached to confluence page. Filename :- XYZ.xlsx

When I click on View from attachments section, it gives me error message 

viewfile: com.atlassian.plugins.conversion.convert.ConversionException: Cannot convert XYZ.xlsx, this file exceeds the maximum file size for xlsx files of 2MB.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2019

Hello @Ranganath HV Gowda - please see this article. This explains how to change this limit. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/viewing-excel-error-with-the-message-error-rendering-macro-viewxls-com-benryan-conversion-conversionexception-com-benryan-conversion-conversionexception-cannot-convert-spreadsheet-744327791.html

Edit - The larger images can take time to convert and may cause server timeout/system issues depending on your system properties.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events