Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to turn off emails as an individual user

Premduth Vidyanandan April 13, 2020

Hi,

I have tried to turn off the email notification in confluence, and I still seem to get the emails. I linked slack to Confluence so I dont need these notifications any more via email. Is this possible?

Thanks

Duth

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2020

Hi Premduth,

You'll receive notifications about changes to any pages you're watching in Confluence, and there is no global setting to just stop receiving email notifications. Some areas you might want to check:

1. Click on your avatar (top right) and then Watches:image.png
    This will show you a list of all the pages and spaces you're currently watching. These all generate email notifications - un-watching them will stop emails from being generated to you when these pages/spaces have changes.
  2. You may want to turn off the Autowatch setting which automatically adds you on a watcher to pages you edit or comment on. Details about that and other email settings that you can manage from your profile are here. 

You'll still get emails when someone mentions you or shares a page directly with you after these changes, but depending on how much you're currently watching, these two changes may drastically cut down on the email you get.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events