Unable to resize images if within a table, only delete (New Editor)

Brian Barbe September 5, 2019

I typically add images inside of a table when I'm creating a Product Requirements document. With the old editor, I used to be able to resize the image. That went away with the new editor. Only the "delete" option is available:

confluence_image_resize.png

Ideally, the image can be relatively small with the ability to click to see the image larger.

It's better to have the image inline for quick reference rather than outside the table somewhere else in the document.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2019

Hello Brian,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
Currently, it's not possible to resize the images within tables on the new editor. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65754
Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

Regards,
Angélica

Brian Barbe September 11, 2019

Dang. Really makes the new version painful to use for me. And no way to go back to the old editor for new documents, huh?

That's a shame. Leaves a bad taste to force users into a new editor with important features missing and no way to go back.

Like # people like this
Brian Barbe September 11, 2019

Copying an old document that uses the old editor still uses the old editor in this new/copied document. I'll keep doing that until this is fixed.

Like Nick DeCamp likes this
Brooke September 12, 2019

I'm also having trouble with this since I can now no longer center images within a table. It's left-justified with no option to center. Very frustrating! 

Like Alex Ciorapciu likes this
Alex Ciorapciu October 2, 2019

Come on guys, this is not extravagant or fancy stuff. These are basics which used to be working. At least give us the old editor back please.

Like Tina Neill likes this
AAbbasi December 5, 2019

Same problem.

Ivan Khokhlov June 10, 2020

Same problem here...

Like Sophia likes this
simon_mann November 17, 2022

same issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events