cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove label from confluence page

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2012

I'm sure I've seen a reference to this before, but the searching is weak in this one at the moment.

Simple symptom - got some confluence pages which have labels. We want to remove a couple of them.

• We nip into "edit" mode, and delete the label, which vanishes off the labels line.
  • Upon committing the edit (whether we've touched the body or not), the label comes back.
  • Trying to rename the label to something else also fails - it appears to work until the change is committed, and then the old label reappears, alongside the new name
  • Other new labels (including the results of failing to rename a label as above) can be removed fine
  • Nothing shows in the logs

For info, we're on Confluence 3.4, but I'm sure I've seen it in 3.0 a while ago, and I'm sure I've seen a discussion about it

So, if someone could point me in the right direction for the discussions I seem to remember, and/or a fix, I'd be most grateful. Failing that, anyone know how to provoke the logs into telling me more?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2012

I can't specifically recall any problems like this with labelling, but there are problems like this with favourites (which are implemented as labels)... is this instance one that has been upgraded from an earlier version of Conflence (like early 2.x versions)?

This question/answer goes into a little bit of detail about it - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/23138/cannot-make-changes-to-favorite-spaces-the-ui-for-the-change-seems-to-work-but-change-doesn-t-persist

EDIT: and the related KB article: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Cannot+Add+or+Remove+a+Favourite+Space+from+the+Dashboard

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2012

Hmm. 2.9 confluence import. Ok, I'll have a rummage through the database and see if that might be the problem. Thanks Joseph.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2012

Mmm, that was sort of right - wasn't specifically that, but removing the data from the database fixed it.

Nikki November 28, 2018

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- how can I get rid of the additional 'THUMBS' label from our content-hub? As I was searching on community, I bumped into this note by you. Can we get rid of that somehow? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events