Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit a new blank page

steven.peake January 3, 2020

I can no longer edit the title or body on a newly created blank page. Both fields are greyed out and won't accept input.

I've been using Confluence for a few months now. I was initially able to create and edit new pages.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Using the latest Firefox (71.0) on 64-bit Win7 Pro

Thanks

Steve

2 answers

0 votes
jaw January 3, 2020

Hi,

I seem to have the same issue. I used to be able to edit pages but that stopped some weeks ago. I posted here as well. I do not get any  "connection failed" error messages on the browser development console, as @Shannon S suggested. She kindly pointed me to

• CONFCLOUD-68168 Edit functions is grayed out in Confluence Cloud for certain users

Doing the web test I get problems with SSL WebSockets:

Screenshot from 2020-01-03 10-54-23.png

I use Ubuntu 18.04 and Firefox 71.0 (64-bit). Chromium Version 79.0.3945.79 gives the same problems.

Regards,

Jakob

0 votes
Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2020

Hi Steve,

Working through the following steps (one by one) might hopefully resolve this for you?

It could also be a temporary service issue you've run into, if you're using cloud.

1 - Clear your cache

2 - Disable any browser extensions / add-ons

3 - Attempt access via a different browser

- Alex

steven.peake January 3, 2020

Thanks for the suggestions.

Clearing the cache and disabling add-ons/extensions made no difference.

I've just downloaded Chrome, and this allows me to edit a new blank page.

Bit annoying if I have to use a different browser just for this one site. Plus, others seem to be having issues with other browsers as well, so no telling how long this will continue to work.

Thanks for you help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events