Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit Confluence Pages

Easty January 12, 2020

We are trialing Confluence (Cloud) with the intention of using it as a knowledge base for our Jira Service Desk (Cloud).  Our trial is expired so we are currently on the free tier.

I am able create and delete pages but I an unable to edit them, not even new pages that I create and before they are published.  All of the editing tools are greyed out except for the color option. I have tried 4 different browsers on as many different machines with the same result.

Interestingly a colleague who has exactly the same security group membership as myself across our Atlassian tenant IS able to edit the pages I create although he had the same problem last week.  We are both global admins and members of the confluence users group.

Has anyone come across this before or perhaps can point us in the direction of a solution?

Further Information;

I am able to edit the "Getting Started" page but if I create a child page in the "getting started" section I am then unable to edit the child page.

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2020

Hi Easty,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you.

I'm so sorry to hear you've not been able to edit pages on Confluence. I'm happy to help get you up and running. Could you just take a moment to confirm that your browsers are on the most up-to-date version? Please also make sure that you're able to use Websockets; you can test this following the link I am providing here.

For further troubleshooting, is your colleague using the same network connection as you, or are they connecting from another location? Do you encounter this issue in all spaces on the instance, even your own personal space? 

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events