Unable to do the database setup in confluence7.13.4 my local machine

Peruma Chinnasamy June 1, 2022

Dear team,

In my local system I am doing confluence 7.13.4   local setup on windows  for development purpose..

Installation was completed successfully while doing confluence setup in UI it asking database setup.

I was downloaded Mysql server in my local and I was created default root user in Mysql workbench. Then I filled hostname, port, database name, user name and password then try to test connection when below error message I am getting

"

Can't reach database server or port

SQLState - 08S01
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure The last packet successfully received from the server was 118 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 110 milliseconds ago."

And then I was downloaded mysql connector jar and deployed in lib folder.

After restarting tomcat I am getting below error in UI

"BootstrapException: Unable to bootstrap application: Couldn't save confluence.cfg.xml to C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Confluence directory."

Kindly help me to do confluence local setup.  If I did any wrong step let me know to correct that step.

Thanks and Regards

Peruma.C

1 answer

1 vote
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2022

Hi @Peruma Chinnasamy ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

It sounds like your user might not have the proper permissions to write to that directory.

Have a look here: Unable to Complete Installation Due to File Permissions

Once your user is given the proper read/write permissions then it should be able to save the file.

Regards,

Srinath T

Hi Srinath,

Thank you for you immediate response

I gave all the permission confluence home and install directories.

Thanks and Regards

Peruma.C

Like Srinatha T likes this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2022

@Peruma Chinnasamy , Thank you for the update. Hope that resolved the issue ?

Thanks,

Srinath T

Hi Srinatha,

No the issue is not resolved yet. Still facing same issue.bootstrap exception.jpg

Thanks and Regards

Peruma.C

Like Srinatha T likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

This is still saying the user running Confluence probably doesn't have the right permissions to create, edit and delete files in the directory it mentions

Peruma Chinnasamy June 2, 2022

Now that error cleared 

below error throwing new sql error.jpg

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
June 3, 2022

@Peruma Chinnasamy , seems like DB connection issue. Do you have the DB "Local_conf_db" on your mysql database? Can you login to the DB with the root user and password which you are using above ? 

Thanks,

Srinath T

Peruma Chinnasamy June 3, 2022

Hi Srinatha,

Yes I have local database in my machine. I was created new database as "Local_conf_db"

I can able to login the database by using root user in mysql work bench and cmd. 

For database I was installed mysql server and mysql work bench in my local system.

Thanks and Regards

Peruma.C

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events