Unable to create child page - The connection timed out Check you can connect to...

Luis Esteban November 12, 2019

I am unable to create a child page, specifically Publish or Save via Google Chrome.  I have tried using different networks.  I can however create child pages using the iPhone Confluence app, and can see those new pages from the desktop but still cannot edit them.  I have tried a number of times over the past week or so but no success.

I get the following messages:

The connection timed out

Check you can connect to the internet, then try reloading. If there's no problem with your connection, speak to your Confluence admin.

AND

Can't save changes

AND

Unable to communicate with server. Saving is not possible at the moment.

AND

There was an error processing the request.

AND

Can't reach the server. Check your internet connection, and we'll keep trying to reconnect you.

AND

(index):74 WebSocket connection to 'wss://wikidocs.services.atlassian.com/v1/bayeux-sync1' failed: Unknown reason

WITH

PING wikidocs.services.atlassian.com (13.236.8.157): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

BUT

However, going to https://wikidocs.services.atlassian.com/ responds!

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hello Luis,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you!

I found your reply on an older thread here, where the original cause was since resolved. The issue you are encountering is not related to that issue, so I've created a new thread from your question.

In regards to that error, I've seen similar errors on other Cloud accounts, where the cause was the following:

• CONFCLOUD-68168 Edit functions is grayed out in Confluence Cloud for certain users

If you are using Confluence within your company's network, it's possible that web-socket connections are being blocked by your IT department.

If that is the case, I suggest the following workaround:

• Use a different network connection (like a mobile hotspot) to allow WSS connections
  • Contact your organization's IT/network team to allow WSS connections
  • Use Firefox with a manual proxy when editing in Confluence.

I hope that helps, but do let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events