Unable to create JIRA pie chart in Confluence page

Tito Varghese September 19, 2019

Hi..I am trying to create JIRA pie chart for the total no of tickets by the team in last seven days. I have used the below query to create the chart. The query works fine in JIRA and when I enter the same in Confluence JIRA Pie chart configuration the preview is also displayed correctly.But while saving the Chart is not getting saved. Could you please provide a solution or workaround for the same.

assignee was in (abc, xyz, jkl) during (startOfDay(-7d), startOfDay()) AND (status changed during (startOfDay(-7d), startOfDay()) OR assignee changed during (startOfDay(-7d), startOfDay()))

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user September 19, 2019

Hi @Tito Varghese - Assuming you are referring to the chart macro using the pie chart option here, have you made sure the content orientation is setup right ? Here is one answer from the past that talks about it, at good depth. Since you have mentioned about the preview showing right, I may not be leading this in the direction you want. please let me know.

Thanks

Kalyani

Chris Cooke Old Street Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2019

Hi Tito,

Hope you got your Jira and Confluence Charts integrated successfully.

If you check out Custom Jira Charts for Confluence, that’ll give you simple, better looking charts with a lot more options for customisation.

Let me know if you still need any help, and I’ll be happy to give you some pointers :)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220493/custom-jira-charts-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Tito Varghese September 20, 2019

Hi @[deleted] Thank you for the response. Here I am trying to configure JIRA pie chart in confluence with the below query.

assignee was in (abc, xyz, jkl) during (startOfDay(-7d), startOfDay()) AND (status changed during (startOfDay(-7d), startOfDay()) OR assignee changed during (startOfDay(-7d), startOfDay()))

I have attached the screen shot for your reference. While trying to insert this macro the chart is not getting saved.Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 4.51.53 PM.png

Preeti_Goel_Gupta April 16, 2020

I am facing the same issue as above any solution?

Jens Semmler February 25, 2024

any Update here?

Some User of our instance, and me to, facing the same issue like describet here.

additional info:

i created on a Confluence page a PiChart with a simple JQL...

"project = KURZ"

and safe my edited Page. in This moment (the pieChart will get the data from jira)

i got an error in the Jira application log

2024-02-26 08:12:52,532+0100 http-nio-8080-exec-1372 url: /rest/mchart/1.0/stats/pieChart; user: jens.semmler@dkb-service.de ERROR jens.semmler@dkb-service.de 492x15157409x2 93uyac 10.142.119.216,127.0.0.1 /rest/mchart/1.0/stats/pieChart [c.a.p.r.c.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Unterminated string at line 1 column 12 path $[0]

and also this error

2024-02-26 08:00:28,405+0100 http-nio-8080-exec-1350 url: /rest/mchart/1.0/stats/pieChart; user: jens.semmler@dkb-service.de ERROR jens.semmler@dkb-service.de 480x15129491x4 vt7pfc 10.142.119.216,127.0.0.1 /rest/mchart/1.0/stats/pieChart [c.a.p.r.c.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Unterminated string at line 1 column 11 path $[0]

can you Help?

-- 

i i use a stored JQL filter from Jira, it works

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events