Pie chart doesn't display correctly

Ricardo Mayerhofer March 20, 2013

I'm facing a problem with chart macro, even tough the data seems do be correct the chart doesn't display correctly. I just copied and pasted the example from the official docs:https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Chart+Macro#ChartMacro-PieChart

The bar chart, however, renders correctly with the same data:

I'm using confluence 4.1.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

Hello Ricardo, I could make it work using the following guidelines:

1. Insert the chart Macro
  2. Create the Table with Fish Type, and 2011 inside it
  3. Edit the macro with the Following:
  4. Type: pie
  5. Chart Title: Fish Sold
  6. Show legend: True
  7. Content Orientation: Vertical, This is the most important part!
  8. Save

This should help you, I could make it work following this, and remember that the Orientation is the most important thing, it would parse the content based on the vertical or Horizontal data on the table.

Cheers,

Ricardo Mayerhofer March 25, 2013

Hi Guilherme,

Thanks for your response. I think there's a bug with my confluence installation, or perhaps a plugin broke it. I tried the steps above but it didn't work. It only happens with pie chart. Here goes a screenshot with the data in the backgroung:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1mt9ymknuw8u23/chart.png

I changed the display orientation and clicked on refresh.

Any idea?

GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

One warning is that is not Display Orientation but Content Orientation that you need to set as vertical, which is on the lower part of the macros.

Let me know if still gives you problems

GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

:D Glad to hear that!

Ricardo Mayerhofer March 26, 2013

It worked, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events