Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL doesn't work after upgrade

Tim Dix September 12, 2019

Recently upgraded Confluence to 6.15.8 however the I don't seem to be able to hit the site using the base URL, can you confirm if there is anything that needs to be changed?

1 answer

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

@Tim Dix 

Hi Tim

any issues throughout the update?

What das the error logs show after you started your instance / try to access confluence?

Cheers

Kurt

Tim Dix September 13, 2019

Hi Kurt,

Update seemed to go through okay, no errors from what I remember. When trying to access Confluence by the URL it just says that the website can't be reached, however access via IP is fine.

Thanks

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2019

@Tim Dix 

Hi Tim

can you by chance have a look to the log file and check which url is configured for confluence within the admin ui.

Cheers

Kurt

Tim Dix September 16, 2019

Hi Kurt,

Do you mean the base URL? That is set correctly.

What log file shall I look at? Excuse the ignorance.

Thanks

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2019

@Tim Dix 

Hi Tim

no worries catalina.out or atlassian-confluence.log

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/working-with-confluence-logs-108364721.html provides some input on where to find them

Cheers

Kurt

Tim Dix September 18, 2019

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for that, the log file is 10MB so a lot to comb through, any suggestions on what I can search for? I have seen the below as an error if that's any use.

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/bin/bash": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Thanks

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2019

@Tim Dix 

Never seen that error before, one option would be to ask the atlassian support, they will request a support.zip or the mentioned logfiles from you

In addition you could also provide the log file here so that it can be reviewed.

Cheers

Kurt

Tim Dix October 4, 2019

Sorry for the slow response. When trying to log a case with support it just tells me that we can't log personal cases and I seemingly can't find a way to attach it here either.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events