URL attachment confluence

Svetlana Alekseeva December 23, 2021

Good day! In the latter, it is observed that users add files with names like blablabla.url to the pages.
This file is created as attachments to the Confluence page by dragging and dropping an existing link in page view anywhere on the page. In this case, a + icon and a hint with the link address appear next to the cursor.

This usually happens when trying to simply select and copy a link. Those. These URL attachments have no meaning.

Can I turn off the settings that are responsible for this behavior in Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Hi @Svetlana Alekseeva 👋

Welcome to the Community! Just to clarify the end goal - you want the URL text to display on the page, and not formatted as a hyperlink?

Firstly, I'd recommend reading this Confluence support article on How to Turn Off Autoconvert.

There's 2 potential ways to do this:

1. Use the Code Snippet macro to prevent Confluence from converting it to a hyperlink.
  2. When copying and pasting the URL, choose Paste as Plain Text to force it to paste the URL rather than the page name. Then click on the URL and select Unlink. This method worked for me using Chrome, unsure if it will behave the same if using a Microsoft browser. 

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events