Two bugs with 'invite users by email' Edited

1. when the email arrives, it appears to come from 'Anonymous (Confluence)' .. in the email server settings from: is set to: ${fullname} (Confluence)

so $(fullname) is resolving to Anonymous, which is a bug, because the admin full name is set to 'System Admin' in the admin profile....

2. when the email arrives in the destination inbox, there is no visible link .. however if i hover over the space at the bottom of the email, there is a clickable link there (you just can't see it) .. and clicking it sends you to the signup web page...

UPDATE: #2 appears to be a bug in the email client .. as it showed up ok when I send an invite to Gmail ... 

1 answer

0 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 17, 2017

I tested sending invitations with the From Name:

${fullname} (Confluence)

and it does resolve to anonymous rather than to the administrators name that is doing the inviting. The issue was brought up before with regard to the daily digest being sent from Anonymous:

Daily Digest sent with From set to 'Anonymous' due to ${fullname} resolving to Anonymous

On my test instance the subject of the email does include the fullname of the admin who invited the person.

any idea when this will be fixed? seems it has been broken for years ... nobody trusts emails from 'Anonymous' .. think guys in scary looking masks....

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 17, 2017

It was not on the list to be fixed as it was closed as "not a bug". I opened a new ticket, feel free to press your case directly with the development team on the publicly facing issue:

As an admin I would like the invitation email to be "from" the administrator not "Anonymous"

that link just redirects back to here....

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 18, 2017

Derp! Here's the raw, unfancy link:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-52872

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

685 views 21 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you