Two Separate Confluence Configurations with one Installation

Is it possible to setup 2 separate configurtions of Confluence with the one installation? So that you can setup 2 separate URL's, one takes you to an Administration page that everyone has access to and another URL takes you to a Developers page that only developers have access to.

Or do you need to setup 2 separate installations of Confluence and buy 2 separate licenses ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

If the need is to have just 2 separate URLs, with specific permission settings, you can create 2 spaces - one for Administration and another for Developers and set permissions per space. You can get direct URLs for each space and share those with the users. If Spaces are not reqiured (where you can have more than one page under each), you may just go with separate pages and set "Page Restrictions" to restrict read/write access. You may share the direct URLs for each page to the intended users.

If dedicated URLs are a must and that you need to hide the fact that both pages/spaces are in the same server/instance, you may think about having a webserver infront, doing URL rewriting (based on Space name in the URL)

Thanks for that. I will give it a try and see how we go...

I tried it and it was not 100% what we wanted but it did the job well enough. Thanks Jacob...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,052 views 16 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you