Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off the create blank document button?

Colm Maguire June 7, 2022

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off create blank document option, or have the create button launch the available templates, as opposed to a blank document? I really need to prevent people creating documents from scratch, because they don't, they information dump and move on. 

I want to force at least a choice of templates. If not then force a specific one. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Colm Maguire , by promoting the templates you created you'll be hiding all other items, including blank page and blog post, under the Show more link.

However, you cannot remove the blank page template.

Colm Maguire June 8, 2022

Because the Create button creates a blank document, and doesn't show the templates nobody actually sees them. Clicking on the ... beside the Create button will of course show the templates. 

So while promoting templates is great, it's no good if people don't know they are there, and they don't. 

I will just keep educating. Thank you in any case for your answer. 

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Colm Maguire  What about using the create from template macro on a parent page? It won't hide the "Create" option in the top menu, but if people already navigate to a parent page to add child pages, having a button on the page "Create new page" could be effective.

Colm Maguire June 8, 2022

Can I buy you a meal or send you a box of candy? I sometimes wonder if my brain has a hole in it. That is just a brilliant idea that I should have thought of weeks ago. Just Bloody Brilliant. Thank you , thank you , thank you. 

Like # people like this
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2022

Thanks for the compliment!

Like Colm Maguire likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events