Turn off the 'Create button for all users within our domain

Najma Mohamed May 18, 2023

Is there a way to turn off the 'Create' button on the banner for all users within our domain?

We are using Confluence as a source of knowledge and SOP and do not want our selected team members to be able to create their own pages or spaces when invited to join our domain. Currently, with access to confluence they can create document for their own profiles and/or collaborate on pages whether with other members and this is a major concern for us. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Hello @Najma Mohamed 

There are global permissions based on User Groups that specify if a user can create a Global space or a Personal Space. You Confluence Administrator, Site Administrator and Organization Administrator can access those settings and revoke the permissions for the groups that you want to prohibit from creating spaces.

(Ignore the message about upgrading. That is because this image comes from a Free Confluence instance.)

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 3.01.20 PM.png

The ability to create a page in a given Space is a permission set in each Space. The permissions in each Space would need to be updated to revoke that permission.

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 3.04.07 PM.png

Najma Mohamed May 18, 2023

Can I also hide the blog forum? Each space comes with a blog as well.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

As you can see in the image there are also permissions associated with Blogs. Those are shown to the right of the Pages permissions.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2023

Hi @Najma Mohamed and welcome to the community,

I'm not sure if you can hide it, but you can revoke permission from all users to create team and personal spaces. Once you do that grant to the spaces you want only the "view" permission. That should do the trick! 

Najma Mohamed May 19, 2023

Does this apply to Forum as well? I also need to 'hide' or 'revoke permissions' from accessing the forum located under space

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2023

@Najma Mohamed the "forum" seems to be an app and not related to native confluence functionality. I would check within the app documentation for any related information. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events