Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to move a page to a recently viewed page

Michelle Mangen January 14, 2017

I'm trying to move a page to a recently viewed page. The list of "recently viewed" (when I click the recently viewed option from the move feature) isn't updating. It seems to have quit updating around the time that the new interface launched (which is driving me a bit batty right now). I need the recently viewed list to work the way it was. 

I'm really frustrated by how this release was handled. I'm having a hell of a time even finding my pages. 

4 answers

0 votes
Michelle Mangen January 17, 2017

The photo was hi-res. I've have used Confluence since 2013 so I know HOW to move a page. That's not what I was asking. I'm going to try to find a different way to get support. I have a feeling I'm in the wrong spot. I appreciate the attempts at trying to help. It's a software issue, not a user issue. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2017

I know Confluence can resize images when attached, maybe that's what happened here.

I think the problem we've got is we can't quite see what you're doing and we're both guessing at what you're clicking, while probably imagining other routes that might be broken.

We aren't support, we are end-users like yourself.  This forum is for any Atlassian users to get community help from other users.  Atlassian do read this stuff, and they do try to contribute sometimes, but it's not support.  We do refer people over to Atlassian formal support when we get stuck - and we do often get stuck on Cloud questions because we want to reach for the logs!

Anyway, head over to https://support.atlassian.com for Atlassian support!

Michelle Mangen January 17, 2017

Thanks, Nic. I apparently ended up in the wrong spot as I thought this was support (not community). I appreciate the link. I submitted there. 

0 votes
Michelle Mangen January 16, 2017

Sorry, I didn't know how to better explain it. Rodney got it. I'm trying to move a page from it's current location to be a child of a parent page. 

I am using Cloud Confluence. I am on Chrome. Version 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit)

I'm working from home so no network or LAN issue. 

This literally started happening only after the update that launched in the past week or two. 

Nothing else has been changed, to my knowledge. 

I went to see if anything has changed since I submitted this request. Now I have even less showing on "recently viewed". Inserting a screenshot here. 

Screenshot 2017-01-16 13.27.13.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2017

I can't make out any of the screenshot, it's too low-res

How are you trying to do the move?  Are you using the location option at the bottom of the edit view?

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2017

To move a page to sit under a new parent:

first go to the "new parent" page ... that puts it into the recent view list because it is only "per session"

now go to the page you want to move

click Ellipsis three dot icon,then select Move

Now when you select the Recently Viewed list the new parent page should be there

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2017

I think the objective is to change  a page from its location as a child page under one parent page to a location under a different parent by using the Move>Recently Viewed process.

I assume this is cloud Confluence?

What type and version Browser do you have? 
Try using a fully HTML5 compatible browser (i.e. not Internet Explorer) like Firefox or Chrome on the same or different PC. 

If it is a corporate PC on their LAN, try using a non-corporate PC e.g. home PC in case there are any JAVA script limitations by the IT policy

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2017

I'm not quite sure what "I'm trying to move a page to a recently viewed page." means?

At a guess, I think you mean you've visited a page, then looked at "recently viewed" the actions menu, and the page you looked at is not there.   Is that the behaviour you are seeing?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events