Trying to create a list and then including specific row information in several pages

rutinerad March 11, 2012

Hi,

We have a space for all our hosts, with one page per host. On each host page there should be a list of all applications, to which we add items manually. Then I would like to be able to have a list for each application (in their own spaces) of all the hosts on which it is running. So for the host Host1 in host space, there would be a list with App1 and App2. For host Host2 there would be a list with App2 and App3. In the space App2 I would have a page "Hosts" which lists Host1 and Host2.

The only manual work would be adding applications and labels to host (for testing/staging/production environments).

What is the best way of doing this?

Right now what I am doing is creating a list of links for each application on the host page with environment label and then using incoming-links on the application hosts page. But then I can't link to other hosts on the host page, without them appearing in the wrong host list. In short, it's a hack with flaws and I'm trying to find a better solution.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rutinerad July 3, 2013

Since I don't want to get any more "[Atlassian Answers] Open question reminder" spam emails even though I don't consider this question answered, I am accepting my own answer.

1 vote
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2013

Hi Samuel,

Sorry for the late reply on this. I know the answer may be outdated for you, but for future reference, I believe the excerpt include macro should do the trick for you: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Excerpt+Include+Macro

Cheers,

Peter

rutinerad June 23, 2013

Thanks for the reply, but could you be more specific on how I would use that macro for this particular scenario?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events