Trial license question

Dear all, 

We have download a trial license from confluence, but it always show the message at the dashboard. Would it be possible to make it invisibility at the dashboard? (EVALUATION LICENSE Are you enjoying Confluence? Please consider purchasing it today.)Thank you.

trial serial.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes

It's a trial, it is reminding you that you have not paid for Confluence.

The way to get rid of is it to buy a licence.

Nic is correct, the best way to get rid of this message is to buy a license. It's only $10 and it's available in China, if that's where you are located.

The latest version of Confluence is 5.8. Why are you running 4.2 (from 2012)? I'm interested if you can explain. Do you have a problem with upgrading Java or upgrading your hardware? Or do you prefer the features of this version?

Atlassian's End of Life policy says 2 years, so the earliest supported platform is 5.3.

Hello,

Another question. I want to test JIRA for ~ 1 week.

Generally this should be free.

However JIRA asks me to provide payment information. Do I autiomatically have to pay $ 10 even tough I only want to evaluate it for a week?

Or will just just end after 7 days (locking me out, unless I pay) and that's it?

Thx wink

Note: No-one will see your question if there's already an answer marked as Accepted. Better ask a new question.

• With all Atlassian products, evaluations are 1 month, free
  • They won't charge you automatically (except for auto-renewed Cloud services),
  • The payment information is not necessary until the end of the month.

In general you're not locked out of a product. For example Confluence just goes read-only. There are many different situations, for example $10 licenses are perpetual, and only upgrades can't be downloaded after 1 year.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,232 views 23 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you