Tracking page views/visitors

I understand the 'usage stats' pluigin is unavailable for the Confluence Cloud.  Why is this? It is vital to know how frequently a page is viewed to know if it is useful, and very helpful to know who has (and therefore hasn't) viewed a page.

Are there other plug-ins that can do this,  of is the capability simply not possible? Can google analytics fill the gap?

Cheers, Martin

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

It's because the built-in usage stats stuff is frankly archaic and does not perform well.  It works, but doesn't scale well.  I'm not sure why it's even left in there any more.

There's a couple of add-ons I reach for here.  View Tracker for Server and Analytics for Cloud - very different, but both seem to get me trustworthy numbers.  (I've injected google analytics on server, but it was a while ago.  I prefer dedicated add-ons personally, much as GA does work)

Nic has covered some good alternatives, but to answer your question about Google Analytics: No, you can't use it on Cloud because you'll need to inject a tracking tag into every single page, and that can't be done in Cloud.

Hi Martin,

We've created an add-on that tracks page views in Confluence Cloud. It includes an overview of activity but also the details like who has viewed a particular page.

You can find more information here: Analytics for Confluence Cloud

If you are using Confluence Cloud,  Page View Analytics for Confluence allows you track page views & perform reporting.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

503 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you