Tracking page views/visitors

Martin Lewis January 31, 2017

I understand the 'usage stats' pluigin is unavailable for the Confluence Cloud.  Why is this? It is vital to know how frequently a page is viewed to know if it is useful, and very helpful to know who has (and therefore hasn't) viewed a page.

Are there other plug-ins that can do this,  of is the capability simply not possible? Can google analytics fill the gap?

Cheers, Martin

5 answers

0 votes
Karanpreet Kaur November 14, 2019
0 votes
Marcel Nick January 8, 2018

If you are using Confluence Cloud,  Page View Analytics for Confluence allows you track page views & perform reporting.

Matthew Crownover July 19, 2021

Does it allow you to track customer views though. User views are not what I am interested in viewing. 

0 votes
Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

Hi Martin,

We've created an add-on that tracks page views in Confluence Cloud. It includes an overview of activity but also the details like who has viewed a particular page.

You can find more information here: Analytics for Confluence Cloud

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

Nic has covered some good alternatives, but to answer your question about Google Analytics: No, you can't use it on Cloud because you'll need to inject a tracking tag into every single page, and that can't be done in Cloud.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2017

It's because the built-in usage stats stuff is frankly archaic and does not perform well.  It works, but doesn't scale well.  I'm not sure why it's even left in there any more.

There's a couple of add-ons I reach for here.  View Tracker for Server and Analytics for Cloud - very different, but both seem to get me trustworthy numbers.  (I've injected google analytics on server, but it was a while ago.  I prefer dedicated add-ons personally, much as GA does work)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events