Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Last Modified in One Page

AC S April 25, 2023

Hello community,

I have created a page to act as a single point of reference for aspects of other pages - the Excerpt macro and Include Excerpt have been really useful. The part I'm struggling to find an answer on is how I capture the "Last Modified" value of all the other pages to capture in this single point of reference page I'm creating.

Would anyone be able to offer any tips? Appreciate any help you can give!

Example (where the "page custodian" is captured via Include Excerpt macro):

Page Name - Page Custodian - Last Modified

Guide to Apples - John Smith - 25-04-2023

Guide to Pears - Jane Smythe - 13-04-2023

Guide to Grapes - Jimmy Jones - 02-02-2023

2 answers

0 votes
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2023

I see. This requirement is quite challenging as this is to create an overview that consists of Confluence and non-Confluence data.

To create this overview with on-board means is beyond my imagination. Plugins could do the job though:

• The Table Filter plugin allows tables generated by macros to be merged and filtered with manual (Confluence) tables. For example, the column with the page creator could be hidden from the Content Report Table and instead the column with the page custodian could be maintained manually.
  • The ScriptRunner plugin includes the Page Information macro, which can be used to display metadata such as the last modified date of a defined page on other pages.

If one of the two plugins is installed in your instance, I'd be happy to help with the specific implementation.

0 votes
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2023

Hi @AC S , welcome to the Community!

There two different macros worth looking at - depending on if "Page Custodian" is the creator of the page or the user that last modified the page.
Either way you'd add labels to the pages with the Excerpt macros to identify the pages you're referring to:

• Content report table macro creates a nice table displayling the creator.
  • Recently updated macro presents a list of updates displaying the user that last modified.
    It's actually a timeline and in this use case works best if the pages in question are updated in approximately the same frequency.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Nicolai

AC S April 26, 2023

Thanks Nicolai, I'll take a look into those, appreciate you taking the time to respond.

The creator of the page will just be a functional account - ultimately the idea is I will have a library of guides on how to do something with a nominated member of a team being the custodian of the page for each guide. The guides will be constantly changing on an almost daily basis.

Subsequently I want one page where I can see for each guide who the custodian is (which will change based on people leaving or joining the team), and when the page was last modified. That way we can keep track of how up to date all of the guides are and the person responsible for maintaining them, all in one place,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events