Tracking Count of User Clicks on External Hyperinks

Randy S December 13, 2021

Hi everyone, as the title states I am inquiring if Confluence has functionality to count the number of times users click an external hyperlink embedded in a Confluence page.

For example if within a Confluence page there is the hyperlink stated as www.google.com am I able to track how many times this link is clicked by users?

Thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hi @Randy S As mentioned by Sven, this functionality is currently not available and it should go as a new feature request/suggestion which you can raise on jira.atlassian.com. Simply select the relevant CLOUD or SERVER project. For example, if you’re creating a suggestion for Jira Service Desk Cloud, select the JSDCLOUD project and then the “Suggestion” issue type.

1 vote
Sven Schatter _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2021

Hi @Randy S,

as far as I know, this is not a Confluence feature. I'm also pretty sure that there are no third party apps on the Atlassian Marketplace that would support this, as I don't think Atlassian provides apps with the technical capabilities to implement something like this (at least not in a straightforward way).

The only way I could see this working right now is if you put your links into an URL shortener like bit.ly and only putting those shortened links into your Confluence pages. Then you could see these stats in bit.ly for example.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Sven

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events