This user's Atlassian account has been disabled.

Ayrton Carter April 29, 2019

One of my service reps is getting issues to login to Jira SD cloud.

After checking in admin.atlassian I found out that his user is disabled and presented in fact with this message:

This user's Atlassian account has been disabled. Contact the user's organization administrators to enable the account.

Unlike other accounts, this one I cannot re-enable or 'grant site access' and quite literally nothing else I can do actually. 
Can someone please instruct me how I can re-enable this account please?  

5 answers

2 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2019

Hello Ayrton,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Happy to help.

This error means that the user's Atlassian account has been disabled everywhere in our system, and not just on your Cloud instance. It would need to be re-enabled by the organization's admin. You'll need to check the domain of their email address and then find the person who administers the user accounts for that domain.

As the organization admin, they will be able to re-enable the account from admin.atlassian.com. From there, click on Directory > Managed Accounts. Click on the account, and then click Reactivate account on the top right. If you do not have these options, then you are not the admin for the organization.

I hope that clarifies things! If you're having trouble determining the admin for your organization, please reach out to Cloud Support.

Regards,

Shannon

Ryan Strickler May 6, 2019

Hello Shannon,

I'm having the same issue, unable to find "Directory > Managed Accounts" path... Please help!

Thanks!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2019

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for letting us know you are running into the same issue.

If you're not able to find Directory > Managed Accounts, then that means you are not the Organization Admin for your domain. Keep in mind that the role Site Admin is different from the Organization Admin. The Site Admin administers the Cloud instance itself, but the Organization Admin administers all email addresses in the Atlassian User system under one email domain. So that means that you could have users on separate Cloud instances but all from the same email domain as yours.

You'll want to reach out to your Organization Admin to help you with this. If you aren't sure who that is, you would have received an email when the domain was claimed in our system, and including the name of the Organization Admin there.

If you aren't able to find that email, please contact the Cloud Support Team. They will be able to help you get in touch with that admin.

Regards,

Shannon

Alexander Kramer August 5, 2019

I have the same problem, and have already tried the suggested solution. Now, in admin.atlassian.com the user is no longer disabled, but he is still disabled in user management on company.atlassian.com. Is something not syncing right? I have already waited three days for the enabling to be reflected in user management.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 5, 2019

Alexander,

For this issue, please contact our Cloud Support Team as above; they will be able to help you with this problem.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Sreedevi Raman Pisharody February 8, 2024

Hello All, 

I am not getting Reactivate user option, any suggestions to resolve this issue.

We have our instance enabled to SSO, is that a cause for not able to view the Reactivate button?

Kindly advise

0 votes
Allan Zúñiga June 28, 2022

Para habilitarlo debe ser un "Administrador de la organización",

admin.png

que no es lo mismo que un "Administrador del sitio".

Si cumple lo anterior:

• Ingrese a: https://admin.atlassian.com/
  • Seleccione la organización correspondiente (Puede tener varias).
  • Seleccione la opción DirectorioDirectorio.png
  • Busque al usuario, selecciónelo y una vez dentro seleccione reactivar cuenta.Reactivar.png 

Espero le ayude a alguien mi respuesta.

0 votes
Allan Zúñiga June 15, 2022

Jira Cloud

hello I have a similar problem, in my case I deleted a user, then I invited him again and he did not let me send the invitation because it says that it is deactivated, when in fact it no longer exists. What can I do there?Rechazo de invitación.png

0 votes
Madhur Bhatia October 22, 2019

One of the users who i was adding to user management list and provisioning a license to, shows as an inactive user with the following error  - This user's Atlassian account has been disabled. Contact the user's organization administrators to enable the account.

I am my org's organization admin. I am able to navigate to Directory --> managed accounts. 

it asked me to verify the domain first and shows a wait time of 72 hours 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 23, 2019

Hi Madhur,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

Please report this to our Cloud Support Team and we can have a look at this for you directly on your instance.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events