Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Textwrap in Textarea fields in CardView

William Banks May 4, 2021

I'm building a confiform that generates a new page for each request submitted, the problem is the CardView I have setup doesn't look great when the data in certain fields exceeds the width of the screen, specifically text area fields. Also, the column in CardView that displays the field's labels becomes very narrow when the text area fields data exceeds the width of the screen. How do I adjust the size of the column that contains the field labels and how do I get these text area fields to wrap the text, preferably without breaking a word in the process?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2021

Hi

I think this one should help

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/How+to+create+a+table+with+fixed+width+columns+in+Confluence+with+ConfiForms 

It is about the TableView, but CardView also generates a table, so this should be relevant and applicable to CardView as well

Alex

William Banks May 4, 2021

I tried that and nothing changed. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

May be I misunderstood the question...

This is what I mean. The result value of the "ta" field is rendered in the "cell" but is limited to width:100px;max-width:100px;word-wrap:break-word;

(via CSS parameter on ConfiForms Field macro)

Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 10.59.57.png

Is that what you are looking for to achieve?

Alex

William Banks May 25, 2021

Actually, the mistake was on me. The dummy text I used to test my confiform was being treated as a single word, so once I fixed that issue, your advice worked. Thank you for your help.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2021

No problem! 

Ryan Kafoor February 8, 2024

Hi @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ , 

is there a way to unwrap the field label upto say 500px? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events