Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text is not displaying correctly on some confluence pages

Joshua Howell October 28, 2020

Really just a small issue, but text displays as follows on scroll down when viewing confluence page:

image.png

If text is selected or I scroll up, then it returns to normal.

image (1).png

I haven't encountered this issue on any other Atlassian sites.

Let me know what other details might be useful to help identify the issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2020

You've got boxes around the text, which tells us they are inside a macro - could you tell us which one?  Code blocks?  (simple) Panels? 

Joshua Howell October 28, 2020

They're the default code block macros.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2020

Ok, that tells me your systems are picking a really bad font for the code macro.

This sort of display happens when

• Someone has set up css in Confluence that selects a bad font when renedering text in the way the code macro tries to
  • You have a theme that has css that selects a bad font for the code macro
  • Your machine is missing a font that the browser is trying to use to render it, and it's dropped through to the next one in the family or system, which happens to be a bit rubbish for this

Could you test this with a different browser, and with another machine (or rather, just check whether other people get the same problem on their machines)

Lebedkov May 7, 2021

Good day!

We have the same problem in Confluence 7.4.0 for the Google Chrome 89 browser. This problem is not reproduced in Firefox and IE browsers.

Fonts checked, all installed, CSS themes not configured.

During testing, I found out that the property is responsible for this behavior: overflow: hidden; if you disable it, everything works correctly.

1.png

The problem is massive, I would like to solve it.

Lebedkov May 11, 2021

Found a workaround to add a parameter: .pdl .panelContent {overflow: visible;} in Space Stylesheet

image.png

Joshua Howell May 12, 2021

Thanks for the suggestions! We've moved to the cloud and we're no longer experiencing this issue, so I'm unable to confirm this solution. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events