Text Alignment Does Not Copy When Copying Table

Deleted user January 10, 2020

Has anyone else experienced this bug & if so does anyone know a workaround? Is there an open issue for this?

Problem

When a table is copied & pasted, the alignment information of all text in the cells is lost and the text in the pasted table is all left aligned.

Steps to Reproduce

• Create a table with three cells e.g. a single column table with three rows.
  • In the first cell, write "Left" and leave the text left aligned
  • In the second cell, write "Centre" and centre align the text
  • In the third cell, write "right" and right align the text
  • Copy the entire table with ctrl+c
  • Paste the table somewhere else on the page with ctrl+v

Observed Behaviour 

The pasted table will have three cells, the same as the source table. The cells will contain the text "left", "centre" and "right" respectively. But the alignment in all cells will be to the left. 

Expected Behaviour

The copy-paste operation should respect the formatting of the original table in the copied table, including text alignment within cells.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hello Colm,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

We appreciate all the details provided. 

Following the steps, I was able to replicate the same issue on my local site, so based on that, a bug was created, so our dev team can check and fix it in a future release.

Please, click on “This affects my team” and also watch to receive updates about the bug.

Regards,
Angélica

Deleted user January 16, 2020

Hi Angélica. Appreciate the response and glad that my feedback was helpful. I will try to structure my feedback in a helpful way in future so that it has the potential for a positive impact on the product (rather than just complaining, which is all too tempting sometimes for me!)

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Eugene Orr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 28, 2022

I posted an update to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-69085 because this issue still presents itself when using a status field within a table. If I put a status in a cell that is text aligned to center, it reverts to text alignment left upon either copying a row or table.

Additionally, if you copy and paste a row with formatting for text alignment without any text in the cell, the cell will revert alignment instead of maintaining the formatting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events