Template Restriction

Moran Alon December 31, 2013

Hello,

In Confluence, Is there a way to restrict a template to be a child page for another page in my space?

4 answers

0 votes
StephanieC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2014

Hi Moran,

you can do this by using a link (like a create button on your wiki page). It works like this:

https://<your wiki>/pages/createpage-entervariables.action?spaceKey=<space key>&templateId=<ID of your template>&fromPageId=<ID of the page to be parent>

Have fun!

Stephanie Hoffmann

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2014

Templates don't have restrictions, but a work around could be to create a page and give it restrictions. Then have your users just copy that page to create a new page. This is what I have done here for one template we have.

0 votes
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2013

Hi Moran,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to achieve this in Confluence. As you can see here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-13794, we have previously receive a feature request regarding this. The feature request did not receive many vote therefore the value score of the ticket is low. It has been recently close due to inactivity.

Hope this clear your doubt.

0 votes
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2013

Hi Moran,

Could it be that those child pages are now orphaned? Try to look for them through Browser >> Space Operation >> Orphaned Page.

Regards,
Jing Hwa

Moran Alon December 31, 2013

Hi Jang,

Thanks for the quick respond.

I think you didn't get me, What I want is to be able to create a page from a template, and it will be automatically linked to a parent page that I will define in advance.

What kind of restrictions can an adminstrator pull on templates, if it's even possible?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events