We have a telephone list within confluence, as we also have telephone clients on our computers (and may use the wiki on mobiles) it makes sense to turn the numbers into links that dial our phones.

I have tried adding these type of links (tel: voip: callto:) in our pages but they seem to get filtered out

What am I doing wrong, I can't be the first person to put a phone number in a wiki!

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Neil

You can use the HTML macro and paste your HTML code there.

If you don't see the HTML macro!

Enable all modules for "Confluence HTML Macros" plugin located under "System addons" in your "Manage add-ons" menu

Regards

Dave

Perfect, I used it to put in the following HTML and it worked smile, thankyou.

<a href="tel:+44 20 7123 4567">+44 20 7123 4567</a>
This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Neil,

Dave is right for the server version, but not for the Cloud version, where the HTML macro is one of the restricted functions.

Unfortunately, as you can see from the comment from Atlassian in this ticket, they're not going to implement tel: links so you're a bit stuck as far as native functionality goes.

However, there is an HTML add-on for Confluence Cloud which should work - you'll need to add something like

<a href="tel:+441234567890">01234 567890</a> - and the pricing is cheap.

My apologies. Did not notice it was for confluence cloud.

Apparently it wasn't Cloud smile

I see, Anyway i'm glad the problem is solved laugh

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

569 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you