Team Calendars slow in Confluence 4

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2011

Team Calendars takes 20-30 seconds to load in a page. In the dashboard it blocks the display of the page (which is worst).

If I disable it, all is back to normal.

Is this planned to be fixed in a future release?

Thank you.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DavidA October 13, 2011

Hi Adolfo,

We've been tracking this issue here and constantly improving performance. We've improved the dashboad calendar performance quite a bit in 1.4.0 and there will be more improvements coming in the next version.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2011

Thank you, hope to see a new version soon. Calendars are essential to colaboration in Confluence.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 1, 2012

As a follow up, after moving from a virtual server to a physical one, this issue was gone. CPU seems to have been a bottleneck in the virtual server that impacted to Team Caldendars.

Scott Mercer March 3, 2013

I'm seeing CPU spikes to 99.5% and 20 seconds loads for team calendars as well. David - is there anything you can recommend short of moving to a physical box? Would adding cores help?

0 votes
Joe Reyna June 6, 2013

I am on Confluence 5.1.2 and Team Calendars are still moving and blocking the page when viewing the Dashboard. This especially happens when a calendar has too many events and a warning dialogue is displayed seconds after loading the page and thus creating a distraction. Has this been fixed yet? I have Team Calendars v3.2.2

0 votes
DavidA March 4, 2013

Hi Scott, it's tricky for me to recommend anything as we don't know enough of your problem. Perhaps, would you mind filling a support ticket with us at https://support.atlassian.com/ and we'll help to see if there's some settings we can change to make it better for you?

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2011

I've pinged a Team Calendars developer with a link to this question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events