Task/deadlines/reminders

Cherry November 15, 2018

Hi

Are the below features available currently?

Allow the assigned user to edit a task date ONLY after it has been authorized by the creator of the task?

Be reminded of upcoming tasks / deadlines via email or an alert when the user logs in (2 days before and then on the day)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2018

There is a dedicated Task Reminder app that solves your second use case!

bad7313d-f071-4458-92fe-6f565364cd67

1 vote
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 25, 2022

Hello everyone,

You can use Handy Reminder from Handy Macros for Confluence to set reminders to any Confluence content including tasks. It allows you to decide the time and date of notification, users to be notified, include a message, and many more. See the documentation for details. 

reminder.png

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2018

Hi Karanpreet,

The features are not currently available, but we do have feature requests for them.

Allowing only specific users to modify a task

Firstly, there wasn't a feature request for allowing only the creator to modify a task's details, so I created one for this below:

• CONFSERVER-57526 As a user, when I create a task I want to be able to restrict its modification to the creator or administrators

I wanted to let you know that a similar request existed in the past (however, to only be modified by the assigned user), and it was rejected as it's not something we intend to implement in the future. 

• CONFSERVER-40985 As a user, when I create a task I want to be able to restrict its modification to the assigned user

The fact is that anyone with edit permissions can modify or check off a task. A workaround would have been to not give the user edit permissions on the page, but edit permissions are required to check off the task. Therefore we have another feature request below. If it were to be implemented, then this would be a valid workaround for you:

• CONFSERVER-56358 Allow users with view only permissions to check off tasks that they are assigned

Task Reminders

As for your desire for task reminders, there are a few relevant requests:

Please vote on and follow the ones you're interested in. You can also comment on them with your usage case as it will help us to develop them according to our customers' needs.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

Shannon

Nick Vas August 28, 2019

Has the task reminder system been developed?

I find it strange that such a power system does not remind you of:

1. Upcoming tasks reaching due date

2. Over due tasks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events