Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table of contents is changing color

Natalie Grant April 28, 2013

Hi, my table of contents macro sometimes shows black and sometimes blue -- and on one page it's doing a weird combination of both. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I don't see a color option on the macro editor.

This is confusing, as on some pages the table of contents does not look hyperlinked to users because of the changing color.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

Hallo Natalie

This sometimes happens because the headings themselves (the ones that the toc is based on) have some hard-coded colour codes applied to them. The headings can acquire colour codes if you paste them from another document, for example.

To fix the problem, try clearing the formatting on the headings: edit the page, select the heading, then choose the "More" formatting option in the editor toolbar (the big A with a little a next to it) and choose "Clear Formatting" from the dropdown menu.

I hope this works!

Cheers

Sarah

Natalie Grant April 29, 2013

Great, thanks so much!

Eduard Seifert February 25, 2014

That helped. Thanks.

Britta T. October 15, 2018

Thank you so much! It did the "trick"!

0 votes
Eduard Seifert February 25, 2014

That helped. Thanks.