Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table of Contents not listing content from macro

Kai Valentine March 15, 2022

When I use the "/include page" macro, for some reason the table of contents macro will not include anything from there and I don't understand why. It's only listing the bullet points I have outside of that.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2022

@Kai Valentine Welcome to Confluence!

Let me first explain why Headings in an excerpt or include macro don't populate in the ToC on a page the macro is being used on. Since the excerpt/include macros are mirroring the detail from the parent page, it is not bringing over the underlying formatting from that page - which means that the ToC cannot pick up the content as a heading that should be included in the child page's ToC.

Now that you know, you can vote for this existing feature request using this link.

Hope this helps.

Kai Valentine March 15, 2022

thank you, yes this helped!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@Kai Valentine please click on the Accept Answer button so others looking for similar assistance can find it in the future. I appreciate you confirming that the answer helped you, let's let it help others!

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events