Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Transformer macro: data presentation + formatting

Esteban Borja Lopez March 2, 2022

Hello community,

Im trying to apply FORMATWIKI on the SQL as per reference documentation pointed by Confluence link at the bottom of the macro (https://docs.stiltsoft.com/display/TFAC/Advanced+table+cells+formatting), but function is not recognised and gives syntax error.

Screenshot 2022-03-02 at 12.31.45.pngScreenshot 2022-03-02 at 12.32.19.png

On the other hand, Im struggling with results presentation as I want to set the data in same table but different rows (the only way I got it working is all values next to each other), in addition to set a header row ("January" on the example below)

Screenshot 2022-03-02 at 12.33.29.png

Expectations

Screenshot 2022-03-02 at 12.33.29.png

Any hint?

Hosting type:

• JIRA: Cloud
  • Confluence: Server/Data Center 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2022

Hi @Esteban Borja Lopez ,

Please check what version of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app you use - it seems that you need to update the plugin.

The current version is 8.1.1, the FORMATWIKI function was added in the 6.1.0 version and amplified since then.

What concerns merged cells in headers, the Table Transformer macro refers to tables as databases via the AlaSQL queries. So, every cell should be whole and unmerged.

Maybe the Pivot Table macro will do? You may wrap it on top of the Table Transformer macro and aggregate the data. 

Esteban Borja Lopez March 7, 2022

Hello @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ , thanks for the fast reply (and sorry for the delayed feedback!).

Indeed we have an outdated version of the plugin, Im just waiting for our IT to implement newest one. Once I got it available and tested, will come back.

On regards the 2nd point, I've tried that without success... nor been able to find examples on how to merge/present data in different rows within same table but next to each other instead (as shown above). If you have any example where to look at, I would appreciate.

In addition, im facing a new issue that im not sure if relates to the outdated table filter plugin: default SLA fields on issue search can be seen ("Time to firs response" and "Time to resolution"), but despite those are available to be added to the table at Jira Issue/Filter Insert macro (by setting them at "Columns to display" section), Filter Table macro does not show any value...

Issue search navigation (JIRA)

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 09.15.27.png

Table Filter macro (with Jira issue/filter insert macro embedded)

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 09.16.54.png

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 09.17.16.png

Any hint?

Thanks in advance!

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2022

And does the Jira Issues macro show something inside these fields? Without the Table Filter macro, I mean.

Because you posted good screenshot from Jira itself, but not the correct output of the Jira Issues macro in Confluence.

The Table Filter macro can't delete any data in the table columns but leave the headers as they are. It shows the source table as it is.

I've figured out that despite the calculated value for response time is shown on the ticket and on the issue filter at Jira navigator, it's not being saved by checking on xml export: 

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 15.14.06.png

Might it be related to the custom field configuration? Most likely with the type of field...

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2022

Maybe the type of the field can be the issue indeed - the Jira Issues macro shows the custom fields as usual.

I've created a custom field ("number" type) and set an automation rule to replicate the value of "Time to first response", and nothing is being copied upon execution.

I've faced in the past that some custom fields types are not eligible to be selected on "Column to display", which make me wonder if the issue is there somehow.

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2022

Maybe try to raise a new question regarding custom fields with a more wide topic mentioning Jira Issues macro and tags that include Jira as well. It may attract more attention from other Community members and/or Atlassian team, hope they will be able to suggest some tips.

Like Esteban Borja Lopez likes this
Esteban Borja Lopez March 8, 2022

Thanks for the feedback @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ . I've opened a new thread with whole details (checked with IT dept beforehand and they are clueless as well)... in case you want to have a look :) https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/SLA-custom-fields-values-not-being-saved-possible-issue/qaq-p/1965252#M235831 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events