Tab Navigation in a Table Disabled when Task Added

richardofrugeley August 8, 2019

I generated a meeting report from a custom template that included a simple table for notes and actions. I encountered the known issue that separating the action, @mention and due date into columns prevented correct display on the profile Task List so merged three columns into one.

I often use the Tab key to navigate to the next cell when populating a table, and also to generate a new row by tabbing from the last column. This works fine when the row contains Notes (text) only, but when the Confluence checkbox, @mention and due date are included (in a single column) the Tab navigation function no longer works. The insertion point remains in the same place when the Tab key is used.

For tables that contain a combination of Notes and Actions, Tab navigation on the Notes-only rows is unaffected. It's possible to Tab into an action column but not out of it.

Task construction.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2019

Hello Richard,

Thank you for reporting this. I was able to replicate the same but even with only the task macro, not including the date macro and the user mention.

I've reported it below, along with a recording:

Please vote on the bug and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers. if you can provide me your Confluence version, I can include that on the report.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Shannon

richardofrugeley August 13, 2019

Thank you Shannon. We are using version 6.14.1.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

Thanks again, Richard! I've updated the bug to include your information.

Best regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events