Sync Active Directory Fields

Hi, i'm working on a confluence instance for over 2000 users and we are trying to sync up the active directory users information with confluence. We were able to sync all users but it only sync 4 fields, Username, FirstName, LastName and email. We would like to be able to sync other information like, Phone, IM, Website, Position, Departmen, Location, etc... 

profile fields.jpg

Is there away to sync more fields?

Thanks in advance! 

2 answers

2 votes

Not natively, the list of fields for confluence profiles is pretty much hard-coded at the moment.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.communardo.confluence.plugins.userprofile works really well in my experience, although I think there are a couple of others that will do the same job for you.

AppFusions' Enterprise Directory and Org Chart reads and displays some or all of your AD (or other LDAP flavor) fields, including profile images. It also supports some additional views for lookups and org charts. 

It's a little beyond what you are asking for - but maybe interesting nonetheless. We find that larger organizations (with lots of users - go figure!) are the ones that like this integration the most.

If you'd like to try it, email info@appfusions.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EELtQZsZr2s

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

89 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you