Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch back to Legacy Editor

Sat Singh February 17, 2021

Hi everyone,

I know a few people have been frustrated with the new editor and want to switch back to the legacy editor?

Is this just a matter of contacting Support and getting them to switch it back over in the backend? 

If so can I raise a ticket to do this? 

Thanks in Advance !

Sat

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2021

Hello there @Sat Singh ! You are correct, this is a matter of raising a support ticket and requesting this change.

Please, keep in mind that doing this will not enable the Legacy Editor as default option for content creation. Also, no new features are being implemented for the Legacy Editor and bug fixing for it is also limited.

You can check more information on the request of the legacy editor here:

With all this in mind, I went ahead and raised a ticket on your behalf with our support team. Keep your eyes peeled for an email about it!

Let us hear from you!

Anant Jain April 13, 2021

Deleted.

I realized later that this issue refers to Confluence and not JIRA

1 vote
Jeanne Howe March 1, 2021

Please be sure to vote for this issue. As Admins, we should have the option for setting the default editor - Legacy or new Fabric.

default to "Legacy editor page" template when creating new pages in Confluence 

My users much prefer the Legacy editor but have to select it every time they go to create a page. We should have the option to set the default editor for the instance, and the users should then have the ability to set their personal default at the profile level.

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Unfortunately, no. It is not simply a case of the "editor" changing. Atlassian is replacing the legacy XMHTL Confluence Storage Format with the new JSON-based Atlassian Document Format, which will be used across all its different products. You actually want Atlassian to provide better feature parity between the old and new.

So does that mean it's actually not possible to switch the whole space to the legacy? 

I assume all the spaces that people have created in the legacy XMHTL will still be compatible? 

It seems like this chap was able to : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Requesting-legacy-editor/qaq-p/1496244

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

@Sat Singh 

You listed on this post that you are on a free plan.  I have escalated to Atlassian so they can help address your issue.   If you are not on a free plan then you should submit an issue to support.  

Like Dario B likes this

Awesome thanks Brant! 

Paul Kelcey June 12, 2021

I am also on the free plan and I would also like to have the legacy editor template enabled on my site. Is this something I can arrange via this post given I can't raise a ticket?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2021

@Diego can you help @Paul Kelcey with his request.

Paul Kelcey June 15, 2021

Many thanks. Not yet enabled but I will check in periodically and post a thank you when it is.

Paul Kelcey June 28, 2021

Any update? Keen to get this enabled. I'd prefer to not have to upgrade my plan just in order to be able to raise this as a support request and then downgrade my plan again afterwards. Or if there is another way to get it enabled that would also be great.

Sarah MacWilliams November 18, 2021

I literally was hired to build a confluence page and am now incapable of doing it on this new system, even as an administrator. what do I have to do to get back to the legacy editor, it doesnt even show up anywhere as a template 

Paul Kelcey November 18, 2021

I also still hoping that someone will get to enable it for me but it's approaching five months now. I have been contemplating switching to a paid plan for a month so that I could create a support ticket to re-enable it and then switching back to the free plan once it's been done. 

0 votes
Ahmet Kilic _catworkx January 26, 2022

Take a look at the page history you had a legacy editor on. ;)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events