Requesting legacy editor

Scott Grantham October 1, 2020

According to Atlassian team member Dario B we need to request here to have the legacy editor enabled for our Confluence Cloud instance.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-can-I-opt-out-from-the-new-editor/qaq-p/1059031#M168595

Please enable the legacy editor.

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2020

Hello @Scott Grantham !

You are right, the Legacy Editor can be requested via our support channels. I have raised a ticket for you so you can interact with our support teams to request this.

Keep an eye on your email, you should receive a notification about this ticket!

Let us hear from you.

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

Is this an all-or-nothing change? Can it be set per space? Per user?

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2021

Hey, thanks for replying @Scott Beeson ! This setting cannot be changed on per user or space basis.

When the Legacy Editor is enabled, it will not be set as default for new pages nor can we set it as so.

You will be able to use it but you will need to select it every time. More details about this can be read here:

Change to your content is in your hands

Thanks!

2 votes
Jeanne Howe March 1, 2021

Looking for Atlassian to give us the option of which editor we use as a "default". Please help by voting for this issue.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-71078 

As admins, we should be able to set the default editor used by the instance for all pages/blogs being created.

As a  user, I should have the option of setting my personal default within my profile.

Thank you

Alec Keeler March 18, 2021

Got my vote, I would love to be able to set a config option that says all pages on my site will be Legacy Editor 

1 vote
David Heide October 6, 2020

I requested it a week ago and Atlassian wants to know why I want it before they install it.  Why are they asking why?

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

Optimist version: They are building a list of things people prefer in the old editor in order to prioritize their return in the new editor.

Pessimist version: They are so blind they are shocked that anyone would want to use the old version, even though it only takes a minute to browse the forums and see dozens and dozens of posts about how bad the new editor is.

Let's hope it's the first one :)

Like # people like this
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2020

Wish I could delete replies.

Aleksandr Paren November 1, 2020

When promises not the real things. "The legacy editor isn’t going anywhere" - total lie.

Kfir Wolfson November 18, 2020

@David Heide Did you eventually get it?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events